American Income Life Agents: Have You Examined Your Goals Lately?
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a sales agent working at American Income Life or not, everyone wants to be more successful. Ask yourself these questions and write down your answers. Then evaluate your goals and set new ones, if necessary.
1. What goals have I reached, and which ones remain on the back burner?
2. What progress have I made in my career at American Income Life?
3. How are my finances now compared to last year at this time?
4. Did I develop good relationships with my customers?
5. How well do I service my customers?
6. Where do I want to be this time next year?
7. Is there one change I can make to increase my productivity?
To effectively execute your goals, get organized! Drive and ambition are great, but without a game plan, unorganized goals remain just goals. Consider the following tips:
- Write down each goal and decide its priority. Then note what you need to do to reach each goal.
- When you accomplish a goal, cross it off your list. This helps you take pride in your progress and motivates you to achieve what remains.
- Check on yourself periodically during the year to see how you’re progressing.
You should also create a list of daily activities to help you accomplish your annual goals:
- Organize your desk at the end of every day so you can start working immediately the next morning.
- Plan your day the night before to make the most of your time.
- Bite-size your tasks. If you procrastinated completing a task, break it into manageable pieces. This removes the overwhelmed feeling and gets the job done.
What goals have you set for 2012 for a successful career path at American Income Life? Comment below and share your knowledge.