Motivational Sales Quotes by American Income Life
We’ve all been there as American Income Life agents: it’s the end of the day, you’re tired, and you didn’t close that last sale. This familiar scenario has a tendency to creep into our heads and demotivate us, putting us off our game and affecting our success.
Sometimes, to combat that feeling of discouragement, all we need to set us right again are a few inspiring words. When you feel you’re not at your best, or just need something to boost your spirit, the quotes below can have a profound impact. So read on, move on, and get back in the game!
1. “You don’t close a sale, you open a relationship if you want to build a long-term, successful enterprise.” ~Patricia Fripp
2. “Whenever an individual or a business decides that success has been attained, progress stops.” ~Thomas J. Watson Jr
3. “Everyone lives by selling something.” ~Robert Louis Stevenson
4. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” ~Nikos Kazantzakis
5. “How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win.” ~Gilbert K. Chesterton
6. “As you travel down life’s highway…whatever be your goal, you cannot sell a doughnut without acknowledging the hole.” ~Harold J. Shayler
7. “Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” ~Zig Ziglar
8. “And old Dave, he’d go up to his room, y’understand, put on his green velvet slippers – I’ll never forget – and pick up his phone and call the buyers, and without leaving his room, at the age of eighty-four, he made his living. And when I saw that, I realized that selling was the greatest career a man could want.” ~Arthur Miller (1915 – 2005), Death of a Salesman, 1949.
9. “A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.” ~Mary Kay Ash
10. “Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.” ~Karl Marx
11. “On any given Monday I am one sale closer and one idea away from being a Millionaire.” ~Larry D. Turner
12. “It’s just called ‘The Bible’ now. We dropped the word ‘Holy’ to give it a more mass-market appeal.” ~Editor, Hodder & Stoughton The Daily Telegraph, 30 Dec 1989.
13. “It used to be that people needed products to survive. Now products need people to survive.” ~Nicholas Johnson
14. “Most people think “selling” is the same as “talking”. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.” ~Roy Bartell
15. “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it. But if you love what you are doing,and always put the customer first, success will be yours.” ~Ray Kroc
16. “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” ~Estée Lauder
17. “A smart salesperson listens to emotions not facts.” ~Unknown
18. “Everyone lives by selling something.” ~Robert Louis Stevenson
19. “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” ~Malcolm Forbes
20. “Day by day, what you do is who you become.” ~Heraclitus
21. “The wise man puts himself last and finds himself first.” ~Lao Tsu
22. “Good ideas are common – what’s uncommon are people who will work hard enough to bring them about.” ~Ashleigh Brilliant
23. “Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die.” ~Brian Vaszily
24. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ~Albert Einstein
25. “The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.” ~Martina Navratilova
What does it take to motivate yourself or your agents? Please share with the American Income Life community!
Quotes source: The InsideView Blog